Partners & Supporters
Surfex and OCCA
Surfex is organised by OCCA in recognition of the importance of keeping up to date with all aspects and developments relating to chemicals and raw materials, inks, resins, adhesives and sealants, protective coatings, paint application and surface preparation, corrosion and construction chemicals, test equipment and manufacturing plant.
Surfex takes place every 2 years and is the industry-leading event for the industry and contains content that recognises the significance of interface engineering to modify and improve the surface properties of materials for protection in demanding contact conditions or aggressive environments, or for enhanced functional performance.
BACS is a trade association whose members operate in the speciality chemicals sector of the chemicals supply chain.
BACS has around 130 members, from multi-nationals to SMEs and sole traders, including chemical manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, product formulators, distributors, retailers and service providers, and operates a range of sector groups to cater for the diversity of members’ interests, focusing on biocides, personal care, surfactants, water treatment and health, safety and environmental legislation relevant to the speciality chemicals sector as a whole.
BACS provides members with Access to Information, to help them keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments, and a Voice for Members, representing their interests by working to shape and mitigate the impact of legislation. And of course BACS events provide opportunities for Supply Chain Networking.
The British Coatings Federation is the sole UK Trade Association representing the interests of the decorative, industrial and powder coatings, printing inks and wallcovering manufacturers. Coatings are critical to UK industry, with 300,000 workers relying on our members’ products every day, and the UK is a net exporter of coatings and inks. BCF’s members represent 95% of the UK sales of coatings, inks and wallcoverings.
The BCF’s agenda is to:
- reduce the cost and complexity of regulation
- enhance competitiveness
- ensure a level playing field
- promote the industry and its exports
- work with our supply chain to maximise influence
- enhance the attractiveness of the UK as a manufacturing base
- stimulate sustainable innovation
- attract and train the next generation of talent
CBA is the voice of the UK chemical supply chain. It represents a wide range of businesses – from distributors and traders to manufacturers and blenders as well as logistics and service providers. The majority of CBA members are small or medium-sized enterprises.
CBA delivers three key services to its members:
- Advocacy for your business –representing your business in Whitehall, Westminster, and Brussels. CBA has effective working relationships with regulators and legislators and plays an active role in the European Association for Chemical Distributors (Fecc) and the European Chemical Industry Council (Cefic).
- Compliance information and advice –key information to maintain your business in compliance with the regulatory and legislative framework. CBA will keep you fully briefed on regulatory changes as well as helping you minimise the costs of regulatory compliance.
- Seminars and workshops – need-to-know information through CBA’s established programme of seminars and workshops. CBA has also made a commitment to deliver compliance training on demand to its member companies – subject only to its economic viability and co-ordination with events already scheduled.
CPI is an open-access, independent technology and innovation centre.
We bring together technical know-how, specialist facilities, broad networks of contacts, and expertise in accessing finance. This unique offering provides the conditions required to overcome the barriers that inhibit innovation, and translate research into a viable business proposition.
PRA is regarded as one of the world’s most complete paint and coatings specialists providing leading independent knowledge based services, comprehensive testing facilities & dedicated coating development laboratories to advance innovation, inspire learning and support business growth within our global coatings community.
Our membership amalgamates the entire coating value chain ‘and consists of raw material suppliers, coatings producers and end user. Our members provide us with a unique insight and holistic view of the industry, its challenges and opportunities. This enables us to design bespoke technical development programmes, training courses, supplier quality assurance test regimes and a comprehensive global market analysis, to support & promote sectorial growth.
From coatings expertise to business insight…..PRA cover everything.