Autonomic Materials is the recognized leader in self-healing additive technology for high-performance coatings, adhesives and sealants. For a broad range of coating applications, from consumer to heavy industrial, Autonomic’s products impart unparalleled corrosion resistance, adhesion enhancement and extended service life after damage.
SELF-HEALING COATINGS FOR IMPROVED SUBSTRATE PROTECTION
Autonomic’s self-healing technology repairs coating damage immediately after it occurs. Autonomic’s microencapsulated additives are compatible with most solventborne, waterborne and powder coatings and provide improved protection to metals, wood, concrete, plastic, composite and other substrates. Three series of products are available in both wet and dry form:
- Amparmor 1000 – Dual capsule system based on reactive silicone polymers with ability to cure under water
- Amparmor 2000 – Single capsule system based on solvent-promoted cure of epoxy resins
- Amparmor 3000 – Single capsule system based on oxygen-initiated cross-linking of functionalized alkyd resins
HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS
GENERAL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
AMPARMOR microcapsules are not recommended for addition to fully formulated coatings. Some degree of coating reformulation is typically required, including:
- Adjustment of pigment volume concentration
- Adjustment of pigment size distribution
- Adjustment of resin chemistry to achieve desired Tg
- Proper selection of dispersing aids
Autonomic’s self-healing microcapsules are stable under typical storage conditions. Caution must be exercised when incorporating capsules into coating formulations as excess shear and/or grinding may cause capsules to rupture.
- For liquid coatings, the addition of microcapsules is recommended during the letdown stage.
- For powder coatings, capsules should be added as a dry blend after extrudate grinding.
PRODUCT SELECTION GUIDES FOR COATING
DKSH Great Britain Ltd. is distributor for Autonomic Materials in the United Kingdom.
For more information on these innovative products, contact Richard Nathan, Sales Manager, Speciality Chemicals Industry, DKSH Great Britain at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +44 20 8879 5500
DKSH is the leading Market Expansion Services provider with a focus on Asia. The Group helps companies to grow across the Business Units Healthcare, Consumer Goods, Performance Materials and Technology. The service portfolio covers sourcing, market insights, marketing and sales, eCommerce, distribution and logistics as well as after-sales services. Publicly listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange, the Group operates in 36 markets with 33,350 specialists, generating net sales of CHF 11.6 billion in 2019. With its Swiss heritage, DKSH has been deeply rooted in Asia Pacific since 1865. The DKSH Business Unit Performance Materials distributes specialty chemicals and ingredients for food, pharmaceutical, personal care and various industrial applications. With 46 innovation centers and regulatory support worldwide, we create cutting-edge formulations that comply with local regulations. With around 1,100 specialists, the Business Unit generated net sales of CHF 1.0 billion in 2019. Learn more: www.dksh.com/pm